Coconut and Raspberry Loaf
There are a few different options for this one! You can make it gluten-free by swapping the self-raising flour for GF self-raising flour, but you will need to add 1/2 a teaspoon of Xanthan Gum to the mixture too.
- 225 g self-raising flour (or gluten-free self-raising flour, add 1/2 tsp xanthan gum)
- 125 g brown caster sugar (or for a more caramelly flavour, use coconut sugar)
- 175 g butter (melted down)
- 75 g desiccated coconut
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk (if needed, if the mixture is too dry)
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries
Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celcius and line a loaf tin with baking paper
Mix all ingredients except for the raspberries together in a mixing bowl. Use a whisk or electric mixer to make sure it is well mixed. If you are using gluten-free flour, be sure to add 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum.
Then, gently fold in the fresh raspberries
Place the mixture into the loaf tin and into the oven for 1 hour. Keep checking to make sure it isn't burning on the top.
Place a knife or metal skewer into the loaf, if it comes out clean, it is ready. If it comes out with mixture still on, pop some tin foil on top of the tin so the top doesn't burn, and place back in the oven for another 15 minutes. Check again.
Allow to cool completely before serving.