Comforting Autumn Stew
A really easy 'bung it in the slow cooker' stew that will be piping hot ready for when you get home from work.
- 500 g diced beef
- 1 red onion roughly diced
- 3 cloves garlic finely diced
- 3 carrots chopped into 1cm chunks
- 500g baby chestnut mushrooms
- 1 butternut squash diced into 2-3cm cubes
- 2 tsp sweet paprika (smoked if you prefer)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Fresh thyme 1 tbsp or so of fresh thyme leaves
- 2 vegetable stock pots (or cubes)
- 500 ml water
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 4 medium white potatoes roughly diced into 2-3cm cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Switch your slow cooker on to 'high'. Whilst this is heating up, seal the diced beef in a pot with the olive oil.
Once the beef is sealed, add all the ingredients to your slow cooker and mix well. Leave on 'low' for 6-7 hours or 'high' for 3-4 hours.