Curried Cauliflower Soup
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped or grated)
- 1 thumb sized piece fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 cauliflower florets removed and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 litre vegetable stock (made up with vegetable stock pots or cubes)
- 200 ml coconut milk (or a small tin)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
Preheat your oven to 220°C (Gas Mark 7)
Coat the cauliflower florets in 2 tbsp of the olive oil and roast in the oven for 20 minutes (or until golden brown on the outside)
In a large saucepan, heat the other 2 tbsp of olive oil and fry to onion for 5 minutes until see-through. Then, add the garlic, ginger and curry powder and fry for another 1-2 minutes over a low heat.
Add the roasted cauliflower florets and stock and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
Stir through the coconut milk and allow to heat through for a further 5 minutes.
Take the pan off the heat and use a stick blender to blend until smooth.