Homemade Baked Beans
Let's face it, Heinz and Branston do a bloody good baked bean, but did you know that you can make your own at home too? Here's a seriously quick recipe that takes less than 15 minutes to do and it'll keep in the fridge for a day or two.
- 1 tin haricot beans drained and rinsed
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon tamari, soy or Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 400g carton passata
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Saute the onion in the oil, in a non-stick saucepan over medium heat for 3 minutes until see-through.
Add all the other ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes. Add water if the mixture becomes too dry.
Serve with a crispy jacket potato, or as a breakfast side.