Lentil, Butternut Squash and Chilli Soup
- 100 g red lentils
- 2 medium onions (diced)
- 1 thumb sized piece fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely diced)
- 1 red chilli (finely diced)
- 1 butternut squash (chopped into 2cm cubes)
- 1 litre vegetable stock (made up with vegetable stock pots or cubes)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Heat the oil in a large pot and gently fry the onions for 5 minutes until see-through. Then, add the garlic, ginger and chilli and fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
Stir the butternut squash and lentils in and then add the stock. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Blend with a stick blender until smooth (or leave some chunky bits in)
Serve piping hot with a big chunk of crusty bread and butter