Something we've been making loads of during this lockdown situation.
- 1 onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped or minced)
- 1 large sweet potato (diced into 2cm cubes)
- 1 chorizo (sliced into 0.5 cm thick discs)
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin cannellini beans (or any type of bean/chickpea)
- 1 yellow pepper roughly chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Heat the oil in a large pan and then fry off the onions (3-4 minutes). Add the garlic and fry for another minute. Add the chorizo and allow to brown on the edges.
Add the pepper and allow to soften slightly.
Then, add all the other ingredients apart from the beans to the pot and put the lid on. Allow to simmer on a low heat for 25-30 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked through. Then, add the beans and allow them to warm through (tinned beans are already cooked).
Serve piping hot in a big bowl.
Alternatively, you could make this in a slow cooker.