Pasta, Pesto and Tomato Salad
This is a deliciously summery tasting pasta salad, bursting with nutrients and flavour. Ideal as a meal on its own.
- 400 g wholemeal pasta shapes (bows or fusilli is nice)
- 180 ml creme fraiche (use coconut yoghurt to make it vegan)
- 4 tbsp fresh basil pesto (use vegan if necessary)
- 1 large courgette (spiralised raw)
- 24 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- fresh basil leaves roughly chopped
- 6 tbsp pine nuts
Cook the pasta for 10-12 minutes (or follow packet instructions), drain and then put in a mixing bowl.
Once the pasta has cooled, toss in all the other ingredients, apart from the pine nuts, and mix well.
Heat a small frying pan over a medium heat and toss the pine nuts in. Keep tossing them around until they become toasted. Keep an eye on them as this happens fast and they burn easily.
Serve the pasta salad in bowls and toss some pine nuts on top of each one.