Tomato Soup Recipe
This tomato soup recipe will warm you up from the inside out this winter! It’s absolutely freezing out there, the days are short and we’re not getting very much sunlight at this time of year. There are lots of bugs and viruses around right now so it’s really important that you’re looking after yourself, and providing your body with the essential nutrients that it needs to fight them off.
Not sure about you, but I always crave a steaming hot bowl of tomato soup when the weather’s like this, but the tinned stuff is usually full of added sugars so I came up with a super simple recipe that you can whip up in a matter of minutes. Tomatoes and red peppers are crammed with Vitamins C & A to help your body fight off the winter bugs.
½ litre vegetable stock
700g Fresh Tomatoes (cut into quarters)
1 red onion (chopped roughly)
2 red peppers (take the seeds out and cut into chunks)
4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
½ bulb of garlic (cut this horizontally)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees and prepare a baking tray
- On the baking tray, add the peppers, tomatoes, ½ garlic bulb and rosemary sprigs. Drizzle with the olive oil & make sure all ingredients are coated in the oil.
- Bake in the oven for around 25-30 minutes (keep checking so they don’t burn! Take them out when the veg has started to blacken slightly)
- When out of the oven, squeeze the flesh from the garlic bulb into the baking tray and get rid of the rest. Mix all the ingredients together and then remove the rosemary and discard of this too.
- Add the ingredients to a pot on the stove and add the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Using a food processor, blender or hand blender (whatever you’ve got) – blend until smooth.