Yummy Vegan Chilli
This one pot vegan chilli is perfect to have with rice, salad or over a jacket potato. Or, in a bowl as a meal on its own! It works well as a one-pot batch cook and will make 6 portions for freezing.
- 1 large white onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1-2 red fresh chillis or teaspoons of lazy chilli adjust to your preferred spiciness
- 1 tin mixed beans (I use Tesco's mixed bean - cannellini, adzuki and pinto)
- 1 punnet mushrooms chopped into small chunks
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves and stalks roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Heat a large pan containing the olive oil over medium heat and then slowly saute the onions until they are see-through. Then add the chilli, garlic and grated carrot and saute for an additional 5 minutes. Stir through the spices.
Then, add the mixed beans, chopped tomatoes, sugar, mushrooms and fresh coriander and cover the pan with a lid. Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.